Monday, October 5, 2009

Anna Mason's Apple Cake


This is a light cake (lots of oil) that forms a slight crunch on the top . . . I like it best with some fresh whipped cream on top, but vanilla ice cream will suffice.

2 cups sugar
1.5 cups oil
3 eggs
2 t. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 t. soda
1 t. salt
1/4 t. ground cloves
1 t. cinnamon
5 cups diced apples

Cream sugar and oil. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients and add creamed mixture. Add apples. Bake at 325 in 9 x 13 pan for 60 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve with whipped cream.

post signature

3 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

I remember that cake! It's WONDERFUL I don't have enough people to eat it up for me to make it now.
:(

Patti said...

Dottie! I'm in the same boat. I make dessert now on Saturdays and we give it away on Sundays.

Felicia said...

Loved this cake! Thanks so much!