Thursday, July 10, 2008

Coconut Corn Nut Cookies


This is a cookie I've been making for at least 20 years from a cookbook entitled Applehood and Motherpie (thank you, Min). The name is deceiving because there are no corn nuts in this cookie. The coconut flavor is barely detectable. I mention this because I think even a coconut-hater would like this cookie. The coconut mostly provides texture, which is really really chewy. YUM. The recipe calls for corn flakes but I've been known to substitute Special K if it's all I have. I love this cookie.

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 cups corn flakes
2 cups coconut
1 t. vanilla

Cream butter and sugars and add eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients and spoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.

post signature

3 comments:

Jacque said...

Oh my gosh, I used to love corn nuts, but had forgotten all about them. Do they even sell them anymore?

Anyway, the cookies sound interesting. They must be good if you've been making them that long.

Jen Rose said...

That is so awesome! I can't wait to try them out. I am a coconut freak! Love it!

Elle said...

These look wonderful! And you have a gorgeous blog! Thanks for stopping by at mine. :)