Friday, April 4, 2008

Kettle Corn


It's one of those things, kettle corn . . . you either love it or you hate it. I fall into the "love it" category. During the house renovation I was sometimes guilty of suggesting a run to Lowe's in Green Valley only because that vendor outside made the most fabulous kettle corn ever. Sadly (or luckily, depending on how you look at it) he's moved on. I was left to my own devices and I gave it a shot last night. It was delicious.

1/2 cup popcorn
2 T. corn syrup
2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1 t. oil

I pop my popcorn in the whirly pop, so the oil and popcorn and corn syrup go in the bottom of the pan. In last night's experiment I omitted the oil. Just as you start to hear the popcorn sizzle add the sugar. Once it's all popped add the salt. I understand if you add brown sugar instead of white sugar it will taste a little more like caramel corn. We'll see.

post signature

2 comments:

cori said...

oooohh. your blog just speaaks to me. you had me at the picture. then as a read on...kettle corn... then the whirly pop. we love it all. the best microwave popcorn is homestyle. have you had it? its so great. and thank you for the recipe. i may go make some just as a snack.

Patti said...

I haven't tried 'homestyle'. But I will . . . cause it's Conference weekend. THANKS!