Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Antonia's Cheesecake"


I know there are a million cheesecake recipes out there, but this one is my favorite. So much so that when I misplaced it I grovelled to my New York friend to write it down for a second time for me. This is the one true cheesecake.

Crust:

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 T. sugar
1/4 cup melted butter

In medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar and add melted butter. Stir to combine and press crumb mixure into a 9" springform pan. Chill 30 minutes.

Filling:

5 8-ounce packages softened cream cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 T. all purpose flour
3 large eggs
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 325. In a large bowl beat cream cheese for two minutes; add sugar and gradually add flour. Mix until combined. On low speed beat in eggs one at a time until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla until blended. Pour into crust and bake 1 hour, 15 minutes. Cool before removing from springform pan.