Monday, October 5, 2015

And we're done... (sort of)

Crown molding over the refrigerator/cabinet wall is installed and so is the hardware.  Unpacking the kitchen commence!  Some of that was accomplished over the weekend, some wasn't.  The dishwasher will be installed tomorrow so those things that need that step before they can make their way into the kitchen is about to happen.  We are getting there.

The good news is that wall of cabinets gives me more space than I had in my house that was twice the size.  Drawer space is more limited, but I chose a basket to put seldom used gadgets.  I love seldom used gadgets.  I am a sucker for gadgets.



We are pleased with the decision not to put cabinets on the wall over the stove and sink.  It's a tiny space and it seems bigger without those. 




I'm always looking at blogs dedicated to living in small spaces.  There are great ideas like shoes in matching baskets under your bed (I love the way it looks) and trays under bathroom sinks.  Sometimes I just need the visual.

 
I'm in the decorating phase now.  My bedroom has a shelf I finished, I think.  The previous owner put lights on the shelf, high on the vaulted ceilings, so it was the perfect place for some of my lanterns and a few large glass jars for shells.  My process with these things is to take my time and a few days before deciding I don't need to move things.  Next up is hanging my New England pictures all over my walls.

 
There are a couple of things that will happen as we go.  New glass shower doors in the master bath.  Maybe some concrete resurfacing on the front and back door areas.  Nothing major.  Fun things.
 
I'm over and out about the renovation.  I didn't think I could forget how bad the place looked when we moved in, but I did.  When I scroll through the blog and see the pictures I can't believe it.  I'm happy we chose this path - I really have everything I wanted.  Who can say that?
 
post signature

1 comment:

ellen said...

I'm crazy about your kitchen!