Friday, July 31, 2015

Way to feel young...

If you want to feel young again, move to a 55 and over community.  All of a sudden I want to put on a bathing suit and swim in the pool!  I feel sporty driving my Toyota Camry, you guys.  My local Smith's has a place for shoppers to park their golf carts.  And all those parking spaces are taken.  There are bridge clubs and sewing clubs and bocce ball groups.  Cribbage and canasta.  Woodworking and arts and crafts!  Special speakers come and talk about estate planning and knee replacement surgery.  Young, I tell you.  I feel young!

Also, it's exceptionally quiet here.  Like you hear nothing.  One neighbor is 90-plus and when my spouse tried to ask her what time the mail typically arrived she hollered, "I CAN'T HEAR YOU."  The other guy, well, let's just take a peek at the empty box on the top of his trash can this morning.  Yes, that's an empty box of Ensure.


post signature

2 comments:

Maynor Moments said...

I laugh so hard reading all these post!

Barbara said...

You are so cute! I love your writing!!