Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Follow along for the ride...

We live someplace else now.  After 21 years we pulled the trigger, listed our house and 47 days later we moved.  Want to join us on the ride?  A renovation ride?  Because it's going to be a trip.

Have you ever seen 23 year old linoleum?  No?  Well, here it is.  This is my little galley kitchen that will eventually have white shaker cabinets and my dream oven.  DREAM OVEN.  Dual fuel dream oven.  Can you visualize?


Check out the dreamy overhead florescent fixtures below.  That's sarcasm.  Going, going, gone.


I'm not sure the carpet is 23 years old, but it could be.  That's master bedroom carpet meeting 23 year old linoleum again.  Can you envision whitewash wood floors?  Because that's what is replacing that carpet.


Mirror be gone.  New vanities.  Can you picture it?



Living area with that stupendous chandelier.  Again, sarcasm.  Can you see new 5" baseboards and white walls?  What about that whitewash wood floor?  Not yet?  It's okay...




At 1026 sq. ft. I can totally understand why someone felt they needed central vac, can't you?


THIS beauty plays cassette tapes!  And that intercom?  There's one in every room.  I suspect there may have been some 'hard of hearing' individual who lived here.  I can whisper in 1026 square feet and my spouse can hear me.  Did I mention there are TWO doorbells?  And one is in the master bathroom.  Someone was extra afraid they might miss something.


A phone jack in every room. 


Intercom on the patio?  No problem.  We have it!


See that mirror?  It's coming off the wall.  And yes, the famous Las Vegas bathroom lighting is out the door, too.  More 23 year old linoleum.


Here's the real reason we bought this place.  This is what I look at every morning.  From my bedroom windows and my living area windows.  I don't have to water.  I don't have to mow or trim.  This greenbelt makes me happy.







Another reason we bought this place?  This is the skylight in the master bathroom. I took this picture this morning, and the second bathroom has the same thing . . . sometimes during the day I go in the bathrooms to turn the lights off.  Except the lights aren't on.  It's natural light.

 
When the cabinets arrive in 4-5 weeks demo starts.  We vacate for 3-4 weeks and the fun begins.  Want to watch along with us?  Check back. 
 
post signature

4 comments:

ellen said...

I have 30 year old checkerboard linoleum in my kitchen that I'm dying to replace (with new checkerboard linoleum!).

Happy remodeling to you!!

Melissa McDonald said...

Oh my gosh, the greenbelt! And the skylight! Yes, this is perfect. And it is going to look amaaaaaaaazing when you get done with it.

Maynor Moments said...

I'm so excited for you guys. The intercom system made me laugh! I think it finally hit me Sunday. Oh how we will miss you,but I know where you live and am so happy for you guys!

Debbie said...

I hope to live vicariously through your Reno! I'm so excited for you.