Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Counter

This morning I opened my eyes and said, "What are we going to do today?"  BEST reply ever followed.  "Whatever we want."  I just love this kind of vacation.

We were slow getting started and that's okay.  There was tennis and a trip to the gym to get on the treadmill.  I wasn't kidding when I said there were lots of old people at this little gym.  Not exaggerating for emphasis here, today I actually saw a woman with a cane.  Except for the guy checking everyone in, I am the youngest person there.  SCORE.

Lunch was at The Counter.  Yes, it was good.  How can you go wrong with a burger covered in bleu cheese and grilled onions and onion strings.  You cannot.



Lunch was followed by time in the sun.  We didn't leave the beach until after 7 again . . . it was dusk walking back to The Blue Cottage.  Heavenly.

I finished the book11/22/63 is behind me and I'm glad.  It was tedious at times, but it had to be. So many details to incorporate, many with implications that followed much later in the book.  I'm not unhappy I read it but I'm extremely happy to be done.

I have a mini-library here to choose from not to mention a stack of back issues of Esquire, Vanity Fair and Bon Appetit.  Not sure what's next . . . probably more hamburgers.

post signature

2 comments:

Maynor Moments said...

OH YUM!!! Is all I have to say!!

TuiakiMom said...

That is my kind of burger! Sounds like a perfect vacation