Wednesday, July 4, 2012

the beach on the fourth...

Saying goodbye to Vegas wasn't difficult this morning.  Beastly hot is what it's all about in the month of July and yes, the steering wheel is too hot to touch right now.  So at 5:53 a.m. we were off, about 23 minutes behind schedule.  Not pointing fingers. 

Four hours and 20 minutes later we pulled into Gaviota Drive (google map it - it's west of Pacific Coast Highway) with smiles on our faces.  We managed to avoid holiday traffic.  Worth getting up early for.

The ocean surf is loud from my bedroom, the private balcony facing the Pacific.  It's a walk down the stairs to the sand.  I think I've been spoiled for life.

Did I mention it's 70 degrees?

I'm off to finish Andy Cohen's new book because it's had me laughing out loud, then onto The Darlings.  John Irving is next in the rotation. 

The Bond Girl - I put it down at page 92.  Not my cup of tea.  The Beginner's Goodbye I enjoyed.  Yes, I dipped into the reading pool before my trip.  Not to worry . . .  I brought 18 novels.

Happy Fourth.



post signature

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I want all your book reviews! All 18+. :)