Monday, June 18, 2012

Hurry up and get here July...

Usually I don't wish my days away.  I have no idea how many I have left, you know?  But I'm so over June.  Let's just move on and get to the fun already...

Not able to leave my library books alone I picked up Blue Nights by Joan Didion.  I just really like the way she writes.  I will admit I only picked up her books once I found out her husband's brother was Dominick Dunne.  I had a love/hate relationship with Dominick ever since I couldn't live without my Vanity Fair magazines.  I'm happy to have discovered Joan - I like the way she writes.

Later I picked up You're Not Doing It Right by Michael Ian Black.  This book had me laughing out loud.  How many people can get away with saying, "I hate my baby"?  Very funny.

For clarification, I gave up my DISH.  No Dish Network.  I didn't entirely give up television because that would be dumb.  Who stops watching Parks and RecThe Office maybe, but not Parks and Rec.  I have my Hulu Plus for network shows in the Fall and my Netflix for movies.  Isn't that enough?  A few of you thought I lost my mind and well, I have, but not when it comes to television. 

I saw Moonrise Kingdom.  I want to tell you to run to see this, even if it's only playing at the 'theatre for old people' that sells 75 cent hot dogs.  It's that good.  Could you imagine being the set director for a Wes Anderson movie?  Man, that would be awesome.  Bill Murray's clothes are hilarious.  And only Frances McDormand could make a Lilly Pulitzer "shift" look dumpy.  I can hardly wait to see it again.

Later I saw (was tricked into seeing) Rock of Ages.  Better not to talk about it.

It sounds like I go to the movies quite a bit.  I always have seen many movies each year, but this year I've only seen four movies in the theatre.  And two of them were this weekend.  Because all of a sudden (goodbye DISH) I have more time do to things.  Stuff.  Who knows . . . the gym might be in my future this week.  Because suddenly "I don't have time" hasn't even been a fleeting thought.

As far as the diet coke saga goes, well, don't call me after 1 p.m.  I can't keep my eyes open.

post signature

No comments: