Saturday, July 23, 2011

Doughnut Plant . . .


First, google maps is not truthful. Lie about distance when it's 75 degrees outside, not 100. Despite that we made it to Doughnut Plant and wow, am I glad we did. Double click on that picture. I have never had a doughnut this good. My favorite? The crème brûlée doughnut.

It was a tiny little sweet thing, smaller than the size of the palm of my hand. This chewy delicious beauty was piped full of smooth vanilla cream and topped with caramelized sugar, blow-torched to perfection. Crème brûlée in doughnut form is just plain brilliant.

Here is the square coconut creme doughnut with just the right amount of creme inside the crunch coated doughnut.


Did they really have a tres leches donut? Why yes they did. Today I had the best doughnut I ever ate. Really.

On the walk over to the lower east side I saw something that made me giggle to myself. Real Housewives fan? Here you go...

Pictures from last night . . . the theatre district is hopping every single night.


Right now the street vendors are everywhere in SoHo, setting up for a busy steamy Saturday. Have I mentioned the heat? And that my clothes are tight?

post signature

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Holy heavenly donuts. Those look amazing.

Emily said...

My husband has been trying to get me to go to New York City and leave our five kids (age 8 and under) at home. I love reading about your adventures and I'm sure he would want to thank you for making me really want to follow in your footsteps.

I was devastated when your blog was toast. You write everything I want to read about.