Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chinatown Brasserie...

Great news! I was lost only three times today. Also, it's only going to be 98 degrees tomorrow with about 80% humidity.

Claremarie and I celebrated by going to Chinatown Brasserie. And it's not in Chinatown! Oh the irony.

We took the advice of Claire Robinson and ordered the egg rolls. Man. Not to be funny or anything, but best thing I ever ate. They were awesome. Here's the SoHo Bistro.

The egg roll goodness.

The inside egg roll goodness.

Peking Duck with Homemade Mandarin Pancakes, scallions, cucumbers and hoisin sauce. Fabulous.

General Tso’s Chicken with Ginger & Scallion

I wish I had the dessert pictures of the Pineapple Pannacotta with Coconut Gelato and that Strawberry Mousse with Vanille Tuile and Fresh Strawberries, but I was deep into the conversation at the next table. At one point it was so good (the Dad was telling his daughter not to leave her boyfriend over something that happened three years ago) I had to ask Claremarie to hold that thought for a second. New York is funny.

Tomorrow is a Museum Day. MOMA is the plan, dinner at Il Vagabondo and our first play. I haven't slept since Monday night. Tomorrow I will post pictures of the best sleep aid in the world . . . the bathtub in this place.

post signature

3 comments:

Maynor Moments said...

YUMMY!

Caitlin said...

Those egg rolls. I'm feeling so jealous right now. Not the, oh I wish I were there, that looks so fun, jealous. Angry jealous. Like a little kid.

BridgetToohey said...

holy CRAP those eggrolls look sooo good and General Tso is my fave!!