Thursday, April 7, 2011

the voices in my head...

A few weeks ago I went to visit my tailor, a fancy way of saying 'the lady who shortens my pants.' This time I showed up with a gray pinstripe dress. Please make this fit. I changed into the dress and she patted me down from the waist up. "Ah, small up here, big hips." Then she said, "That will be $35.00." Seriously?
. . . .
Last night the doorbell rang. Patrick said (very sincerely), "Mom, Renee is here. Don't embarrass me, okay?" Whaaaa? I expected that from teenagers. He's 22. Don't I sit at the cool table? Cause I think I do. Maybe.
. . . .
Later, while carefully conversing(because I don't want to embarrass)with my spouse, my son and Renee, the subject of pizza came up. Patrick said, "Well, that North End Pizza Dad and I had last Thursday - hard to beat that, Mom." um, what North End Pizza? My spouse nonchalantly glanced at his son and said, "I told you not to tell Mom." Full disclosure is a principle that is not embraced in my home. Apparently.
. . . .
The staff at the dentist's office - they pretend to like me. They pretend they're happy to see me. They are in serious need of acting lessons.
. . . .

Yesterday I ordered 125 beautiful French macarons to go inside some personalized glassine bags for some adult wedding favors. Remember when I blogged about Patisserie Manon? It's blogworthy, a lovely little French patisserie tucked away in a strip mall on the west side of the city. They know how to make a real French macaron. They also understand why the color of the macaron might be important. I am hoping there are leftovers...
. . . .
Esty continues to dominate my mailbox.
. . . .
Last night I talked with my 3-year-old grandson on the phone. He knows he's getting on an airplane to come to Las Vegas. I asked him, "Ethan, do you want Grandma to buy you some candy?" "YA, YA, YA." "Ethan, want me to take you for a Happy Meal?" Same response. "Ethan, do you want to sleep in a tent in Grandma's room?" Affirmative. Last thing he said? "What about my chocolate milk?"
. . . .

post signature

5 comments:

Maynor Moments said...

Isn't it a Mom's job to embarrass their children?? I take that part of my job very sersouly!!

BridgetToohey said...

I don't think you've ever embarrassed me, even when I was a teenager. I laughed right out loud about Dad and Patrick and the pizza. I love them

Mom and Dad said...

:)

Brittany said...

This post made me miss you... A lot. :)

Shleby Lynn said...

I'm with Britt. I LOVE you Patti Lunn. :)