Friday, April 1, 2011

the united states post office...


The mail is a treat right now. Most days there's a package waiting for me when I arrive home. Know what makes it even more fun? I'm old and I forget what I ordered. It's like Christmas! Yesterday it was CELEBRATE stamps. And labels. And 80 Yankee Candle votives. And then this morning I was backing my car out of the garage and saw a box at the front door. No clue. Not even after I saw the return address. I opened it to find 200 beverage napkins with Bridie and Phil's names on them. Christmas. It makes me wonder what will be waiting for me when I arrive home today.


I am a fool for Russell Brand. Despite the fact that I've seen the trailer for Arthur one hundred times (a little exaggeration for emphasis isn't a bad thing), I laugh out loud. For the record, I loved Dudley Moore in the original. The new Arthur looks like the same premise but perhaps a different movie? I'm there. I might even go so far as to DVR the talk show circuit this week for all things Russell Brand. More to follow...

Conference weekend means feasting in more ways than one, probably with some yummy cinnamon rolls made with my new Cuisinart. I blogged about broken things - my Cuisinart happened to be one of them. I could have simply replaced the work bowl (why is that work bowl $100??)and all would have been well. Not what I did. Someone I love surprised me. Now he wants homemade bread. Fair trade, I say, because this Cuisinart is spiffy. I still have no idea how to use it - it's a little intimidating - but I have an entire weekend to devote to that learning curve.

My cousin Cathy sent me some recipes, one I'd wanted for a long time. If only she had a blog to link to - she' a great cook. I digress. I need her permission to post her recipe for Raspberry Squares. Brace yourselves. They are that good.

One last thing. No so much, Grey's Anatomy. Not so much.

post signature

3 comments:

cm2e said...

Love those surprise packages! Have fun w/ the fancy new may-sheen!

BridgetToohey said...

I love packages! When I was a missionary I would get them all the time!

You should post pictures of your new cuisinart!

Melissa said...

I would totally go see Arthur with you.