Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year and WELCOME 2011

It seems like it was months ago I was at my favorite California place . . . but it was only days ago.


I had a place by this fire the day I left my Christmas vacation. It was 5:30 am and I was alone with my book. I might have dozed a little.

While I dozed and read and drank my "keep your kidneys healthy" herbal tea (it doesn't work) others were pursuing their passion on surfboards. On December 26th.

Goodbye Laguna Beach. Hello real life. And it is good. And beautiful.

In 2010 I gave up processed food and said goodbye to all things 'lean cuisine' and low fat foods that taste like cardboard (or fish food, depending upon your perspective). I have never felt better in my life. Spinach rules.

I read this post and then I bookmarked it. I read it once a week now. It has to be okay if someone doesn't like you, even if it's someone you really like. Or, heaven forbid, love. No peace otherwise.

In 2010, more than ever, I learned that doing things for others will cure just about anything. That noble fir trees are the very best. Christmas smells are important. Wesley Snipes needs to stop whining and serve his time in jail. Sticky toffee pudding is one of the best things I've ever eaten. Craigslist, if you're tenacious (and patient), brings forth awesome furniture. Frugal can be really fun. Your adult children can become your best friends, understanding and full of love. Sometimes a cousin can fill a spot in your heart you never thought would fill after you lost your sister. And once in a while you make a lifelong friend who helps fill that hole, too. It seems you usually meet that friend while you're doing something for someone else. Life is better than good. Also, my spouse (who I love more than life itself) does laundry. How could 2011 be better? I already know it's going to be. I really love my life.

Happy New Year
.

post signature