Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Miscellaneous ramblings...


Meet Lola. She comes and visits every so often. We are very much amused by her and we get that dog fix that keeps us from taking the plunge. That plunge into repeat dog ownership. We've become a little bit of a second family to Lola. Right here she's miffed - they say dogs have no sense of time, but by her estimation I have stayed in that shower much too long. With each visit when she arrives at our front door she cries when she sees us. Like with happiness. It's fun. In this picture she is unhappy with me. Not feeling the love.

Ignore the Christmas pillow in the background. It just arrived and I was trying it on for size. Last year that pillow sold out. I jumped for joy when I saw they brought it back.

No segue...

I have finally furnished my living room, although not completely. Just a really great head start. After 1 3/4 years with that big empty room it's fun to see things taking shape. Now where do I put the 40 sisters in my Ward when we have our Quarterly Temple Brunch? I wish I took pictures last time. That entire room was full of tables with fancy tablecloths and candles and real plates. And quiche! It was fun.

No segue...

Ina's new cookbook arrived. I've told myself Ina sent me an email announcing her newest venture and sending me an offer for an autographed copy, but that (of course) wasn't a personal email. One can dream, can't they? By the way, did you happen to catch that episode of 30 Rock where Liz Lemon talked about the Barefoot Contessa? Hilarity. Turns out Tina Fey is a true blue fan. Love that.

No segue...

Speaking of lying to myself, each morning I get up and use Truth Serum Collagen Buster all over my sun damaged complexion. Later I walk over to the magnifying mirror to see if it's made a difference. Every morning. It's just so very optimistic of me, don't you think? And very much like that definition of insanity that comes up every once in a while.

No segue...

When you live in the desert the months of October and November are perfection. They also seem to be the months that zip by the fastest. My spouse claims this is a figment of my imagination, but you just try and tell me July isn't a long month in Las Vegas. {I digress.} Anyway, October, November . . . beautiful weather. The food is the best, let's face it. Pumpkin scones and muffins and cheesecake, Trader Joe's brings out all their very best seasonal offerings, Williams Sonoma has that hot chocolate that should be a sin. Tell me you know what I'm talking about. I just want time to slow down. It refuses.

No segue...

My spouse had a hideous "procedure" done last month. Maybe it's okay to talk about? Not sure. I've had my share of "procedures" in this life, but nothing has ever been microwaved. Was that too much? I'm not going to say being the person observing is worse than the patient, because that's just wrong. Suffice it to say I had to sit back in a chair on more than one occasion because I honestly thought I might faint. Lot of lightheadness that day. In the end he is healthy, I am healthy. That is just such a huge thing in life. Gratitude.

No segue...

I have one lone Christmas present left to buy. I bought many books this year (like last year) and it turns out I'm only second guessing myself on about 65% of my purchases. This is progress. If my shopping is done my mind feels devoid of paralyzing details. If that makes no sense to you I'm so genuinely happy for you.

I think I'm done. Miscellaneous ramblings, like I said.

post signature