Sunday, October 10, 2010

King's English, movies, seafood cocktail . . .

We finally found this little Salt Lake City bookstore. It was heaven. While browsing the travel section (packed with Fodor's travel guides covering every corner of the universe) my spouse called over to me . . . "Let's get this . . .". We Christmas shop all through the year. That is when I said it. "I can buy that on Overstock." An instantaneous image of Meg Ryan playing Kathleen Kelly (owner of The Shop Around the Corner) came to mind. I felt awful. Go to King's English next time you're in Salt Lake City. I don't want them to go anywhere.


Friday my spouse and I met up for a sushi lunch. We glanced at our respective calendars and realized following October 9th we had exactly one completely free Saturday for the remainder of 2010. How does this happen in life?

Saturday we took action. We spent a very warm October Saturday afternoon in a movie theater. Not one movie, but two. Theatre 16 for It's Kind of A Funny Story at 1:55 p.m. and Theatre 17 for The Social Network at 4 p.m. I love Aaron Sorkin and yes, I miss The West Wing. We left the movie theatre and went directly to Los Tacos, our newest Las Vegas obsession. Seafood cocktail, anyone? I wish I could explain the crunch of the vegetables, the hot spicy bite to the shrimp . . . the lime juice. Spectacular.

We headed home full and watched, yes, another movie. Babies. Watch it. Little bit anthropology, little bit funny, lots entertaining.

post signature