Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What is stress?


This is what the beach looked like when we left around 5:30. Can you see that sun skimming the ocean? Awesome.

Today I finished The Blue Bistro and began Father of the Rain by Lily King. I'm blown away by this book, halfway through and I don't want it to be over. Please read it so we can talk about it . . . that is how I feel about this book. It's great.

Tomorrow I shall start Girls Like Us by Sheila Weller. I expect this book will take at least a couple of days. I'm excited to get to it. I took this book to the beach last August but didn't get to it. It's all things 70's, about Carole King, Joni Mitchell and Carly Simon "and the Journey of a Generation."

We haven't even ventured beyond the little Laguna village yet . . . the pace is much more leisurely knowing we have two weeks to relax. The car is in the same spot since we arrived Saturday and we're just fine with that. Also fine with needing extra blankets at night ...

post signature

2 comments:

JoshAndKylaGroneman said...

Cant we just trade places for a week? I know what stress is- ENSLEY. Couldnt you just come potty train her for me? :) You seem so relaxed... I cant think of a person who deserves it more.
Kyla

Melissa said...

Any book club recommendations? (I still have some time before it's my turn to host, so I could squeeze in a couple of reads now if you have any that would work for a group?)