Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday musings...

I spent some of the morning listening to Mindy Gledhill on my laptop, mostly her new album. It's awesome. I have to own it.

It's been another very leisurely day. Huge surprise. While my spouse had another surfing lesson I took the Pacific Coast Highway drive I love. I bought a new pair of black heels at a fun store near Sprinkles, putted around in Bristol Farms and perused at least 20 different cake platters in Sur La Table. Oh it was fun.

On the way back I decided to take a detour down Cliff Drive. I saw a house for rent there a few years ago that I fell in love with and decided to scope it out along with the beach close by. I might have found the place for next year. Cliff Drive is what it sounds like . . . those famous California coast roads that look over the expansive Pacific. Tomorrow we are planning on visiting both beaches close to that rental, the first one being Divers Cove. I shall report.

I finished Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand but it was a chore. I feel like I've been reading the same novels over and over again with a few simple twists of facts. I'm done with "the heart wants what it wants" sort of novel. Yawn. Tomorrow I shall tackle the stack of Vanity Fair and Esquire Magazines and take a break from what I've brought on the trip. I'm welcoming it.

Today's cupcakes? Banana and Red Velvet . . . he loved both of them.

post signature

No comments: