Friday, August 13, 2010

Goodbye Laguna...

Remember when I said my blog was about meatloaf? Well, it is. Meatloaf and cupcakes and pumpkin cookies and lunch. And so it goes...

Our last trip to Cafe Zoolu. Here's my cioppino . . . ahi, swordfish, clams, mussels, shrimp, scallops in a spicy tomato broth. Perfect.

Bridie's angel hair pasta in garlic, olive oil and tomato . . . with some grilled chicken.

David's trio of swordfish. He has a new favorite, the lemon caper one.

We had a blissful day in front of the ocean reading. It was the perfect day for our last day in Laguna Beach. I feel rejuvenated and ready to tackle life, and more.

Until next year...

post signature

1 comment:

Sarah @ Different Dog said...

Patti,
Laguna is my favorite beach in the world. I love the little town, the old crumbly houses and the food. The beach itself is not really comparable. I went to Florida this year and I still love Laguna.
I just moved to the midwest, so miss my lovely So Cal very badly. Thank you for inspiring me to visit again, even if it's for a day when I'm visiting Los Angeles.
And I am going to SPRINKLES!!! Looks totally amazing.
My daughter and I also stayed at Crystal Cove last January. It was amazing! I definitely recommend it.
All the best,
Sarah