Saturday, November 7, 2009

Almond Butter Cake


I know, I know, enough with the almond. It's obvious I'm in pursuit of the perfect almond cake, one that's on the smaller side with the exact amount of crunch. Since I haven't been very successful I decided to attempt to modify a "go to" recipe I've relied on for years, the Desert Island Butter Cake. The resulting recipe is as follows:

2 T. almond paste
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup flour
2 sticks melted butter
1 T. almond extract
sliced almonds to garnish
confectioners sugar for sprinkling

Process almond paste and sugar in food processor until blended. Add eggs and process until fluffy. Add 1 cup of flour, 2 sticks of melted butter and 1 T. almond extract. Blend by hand. Pour into 9" pan and bake at 350 until golden brown.

To mix it up I've made the recipe in this pan and placed a sliced almond on the top of each miniature cake with a dusting of powdered sugar.

I might be satisfied now.

post signature