Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pillows, Pumpkins and Frye Boots


There were several trips to Pottery Barn this weekend before settling on a Fall color pallet/palette of oranges,rusts,reds and yellows for the family room and kitchen, including an autumn paisley table runner and matching oblong pillow. I feel as if I've decorated for Fall, right through Thanksgiving.

The bedroom is still all white and beige . . . nothing seemed to work in there. I'm still thinking.

I thought I'd be smart and buy the pillow inserts at Ross and just buy the pillow covers at Pottery Barn. I found six feather and down pillows at Ross, dimensions perfect. Technically I saved a bundle, right? Except I checked out the shoe aisle. I walked away with these:

I didn't save a bundle, did I? In my head I did . . . they were a steal.

. . . . .

My November Issue of Bon Appetit arrived Saturday full of Thanksgiving menu options defined by strategies including everything from "Quick & Easy" to "Show Off". It's fun. As if the issue wasn't spectacular enough, the Editor in Chief, Barbara Fairchild (hero of mine), mentions Trader Joe's cranberry relish, my personal favorite and the reason why I no longer make my own cranberry sauce. Awesome. One more Trader Joe's plug . . . when their Almond SnowMan Cookies hit the shelves, do yourself a favor and splurge a little ($4.99 a box) and buy yourself a box of these cookies. They are an almond shortbread cookie and they are spectacular.

. . . . .


My pursuit of balance has me thinking it'd be simpler to achieve if I could just give up television. I did it once for a year. I added up the time I spend on those 'must see' shows. Shouldn't I be out living my life rather than sitting in front of a DVR? Just a question.

. . . . .

Weekend culinary inspiration comes from all things butternut squash. It will roast in the oven with some sweet potatoes, quartered onions, a little olive oil and lots of salt and pepper.

. . . . .

I leave you with pictures from a Saturday stop at Leopold's Bakery, where I bought my man an almond bar, a napolean and an eclair. Over and out...



post signature

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love it all! (Too bad about the movie, though.)