Saturday, September 19, 2009

a whole lot of nothing...



Each time we walked by this house when we were in Laguna Beach I snapped a picture and fantasized. Sigh. Cute, yes? The walk to our bungalow went directly up the hill behind the house, so we were able to dissect a little bit of how it was put together. Don't even ask me how I stumbled upon this yesterday. Now I know for a mere $2.5 million dollars my dream can come true.

No segue...

Statcounter has been interesting . . . more people are landing on my blog after doing a search for "patron said of lost causes" than any other google search. Either there are way more believing Catholics out there than I ever realized or there are way more lost causes out there than I ever knew.

Runner up is still "Gilchrist Macaroons". Inevitably those hits are from New Englanders pining away for that delicious macaroon (no longer made), especially with the resurgence of french macaroons. Definitely qualifies as a trend because they've been around for almost a century.

No segue...

I made a triple batch of whoopie pies for my Friday Seminary Treat, which may become a weekly feature on my blog for my friend, Bridget, not to be confused with daughter, Bridget. (Love that name.) I really sort of wish they were the pumpkin whoopie pies. Love those.

No segue...

I'm 245 pages into Wally Lamb's The Hour I First Believed. I wanted to be crazy about it because I loved his first two novels. I'm walking away. Up next is This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper. What are you reading right now?

No segue...

Today we are headed to the church to practice the annual Primary Program. We have parts. Speaking parts. We were asked, "Would you like to play parents or grandparents?" Funny. Very 'out of my comfort zone' . . . and then this is when people say, "But you're BRIDGET's mom!" Yes, yes I am. The gene pool is vast.

No segue...

Weekend culinary inspiration comes from here and here.

POSTSCRIPT
: See here for pictures inside the Laguna Beach dreamhouse.

post signature

3 comments:

Bridget said...

YEA! I got a shout out in one of my top favorite blogs, Patti Cakes! WAHOO!

Yes, I do always ask my sister what treats she is taking to Seminary on Friday and then I ask what treats Patti is taking to Seminary on Friday! So, I will appreciate a weekly notice of what you are making. (That takes out the middle man that way. ha ha)

My sister tells me that you, Patti, are living the life that I want to live and it is true. Trying out fancy restaurants, meals cooked by fancy chefs that I am familiar with, pictures of your fancy plates of food....let's face it, your culinary life is FANCY! Thanks for letting me live the culinary dream through you. It is so much fun. :) When my kids are bit older and aren't velcroed to me, I want to be just like Patti dining out and being fancy.

Guess what my biggest hit is on my cooking blog...the post that I took from your blog (and credited to you!)It is the recipe for Cheesecake Factory Avocado Rolls and it gets looked at all of the time!

Patti said...

Bridget!

The Cheesecake Factory avocado eggs rolls are right up there, and with good reason, huh? SO good...

I'm really thinking about a Friday post each week. Thanks for the inspiration.

One day the velcro will come off and then you can visit terrific places to eat - and then you will talk about your kids at lunch. For real.

Thanks for being my friend.

cm2e said...

lkYou can make the Gilchrist macs? i think you've been holding out on me!

That house looks awesome. but it is not on cape cod.

i am reading Constantine's sword. don't go there. i need a recomendation of something on the spiritual side to bring to group. i need it to be much lighter than the current tome.