Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday date at LBS

I slipped my feet into my Topsiders today and felt leftover Laguna sand. I didn't remove it.

We are back into the swing of life and our regular Saturday routine. We meet up at home at noon and take off for the day. Today was simply lunch . . . a Saturday afternoon catching up on our Netflix is just what we both need this week.

We planned our return visit to LBS in Red Rock Hotel, mostly because we agree they serve the best burger in Las Vegas. Sorry Hubert and Burger Bar . . . yes, I had a great buffalo burger at Burger Bar, but for me - LBS is the place. All their burgers are made from 21-day dry-aged Hereford beef so you get a real steakhouse flavor.

These are their fried bread and butter pickles with an herb mayonnaise. They were tasty, but next time I will have the Fried Cheesekurds again. They were little pillows of soft fluffy cheese served with a tomato relish. Awesome. I've yet to try their mini corndogs or the warm sourdough pretzel sticks with spicy mustard and cheese fondue. They are on my 'must try' list. I've heard good things...

LBS American Cheeseburger with grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, pickles and LBS burger sauce. That may be my favorite component of their burgers, that LBS burger sauce. And YES, that little ramekin on the plate is fry sauce, really good fry sauce, perfect fry sauce for the perfect french fry. Swear.

This burger has pepper jack, avocado, chipotle sauce, lettuce, tomato, red onion and jalapenos. See those sweet potato fries? Heaven.

post signature

No comments: