Sunday, July 12, 2009

weekend = necessity


Biggest Saturday decision? Where to have lunch. This is a ritual with us now, meeting up around noon after Saturday mornings full of errands and exercise. Then we are off. Sometimes we have a list of things that need to be accomplished. Sometimes not. It's awesome.

Settebello
won this week. I've talked about this place before. Delicious. Their special for the week was a white pizza . . . fresh mozzarella, salame (huh?), caramelized onions, roasted garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper. It may be my new favorite thing there. Napoletani pizza is out of this world.

Home Goods (where they had a rug that happens to be current Pottery Barn inventory), Nordstrom Rack and Anthropoligie. Fun.

The newest Woody Allen movie
, perhaps the worst Woody Allen movie ever made. I recognize there is no middle ground with Woody. You love or you hate. Nothing in between. I love. I'm a fan. The movie was just awful.

Baking. Because I'm home again. That Ina Garten brownie tart, Sugar Cookie Bars and a Cherry Tomato Salad with quartered cucumbers, red onion, fresh basil and crumbled feta cheese.

post signature