Thursday, July 30, 2009

the ocean...

It's calling me. I'm getting ready to go back here. Bliss.

Last January we booked a week in Laguna Beach at our favorite place. Last January I had no idea we'd put our house on the market, sell our house, buy a house, not sell a house, sell a house, not . . . you get the idea. For a planner like me - ugh. The vacation we initially booked was for the Saturday before Labor Day until the Saturday after Labor Day - I had no idea I'd be teaching Seminary again. Hooray(typed with happy emphasis). The week before last we scrambled to change the dates at Manzanita . . . we were lucky. This time we are staying in the Red Cottage. Did I mention this little bungalow is 4 short blocks down the hill to the ocean and 4 short blocks down the other hill to downtown Laguna Beach? Sigh...

I made my first trip to the library to pick up reserved books. That stack of carefully chosen books is screaming my name. I am excited. I've also been making small grocery lists full of beachy things to snack on, things like Huntsman cheese and Trader Joe's crackers. And fruit. I bookmarked the Lido Theatre where we will sit in the balcony and watch a movie under ceiling fans. I might have even called to find out what the movie is already.

And maybe, just maybe . . . I might have downloaded Sprinkles' cupcake schedule . . . because who would want to miss that coconut cupcake? It leaves all the others in the dust ...

post signature

6 comments:

Jessie said...

You deserve it girl!

rychelle said...

thank you for posting the link. i would LOVE to go there someday.

ENJOY!

cori said...

you really have the schedule for sprinkles?

i love you even more.

and next time...maybe i will be blogging about this AWESOME place. thanks for sharing it with me a bit ago.

i can't wait for you! so fun!

cori said...

i need a sweet patti cakes. love your blog.

Patti said...

I really have the schedule, Cori.

Heather said...

So fun! I'm sure the beach without children is a totally different experience. You could actually read and enjoy yourself....without worrying about them being pulled out into the vast ocean, or walking off on their own, or lugging obscene amounts of sand toys and.....
you get the idea.

Have a wonderful time!