Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine petit fours


Earlier this week I stopped into my favorite bakery in the valley . . . they make a petit four "we" are crazy about (apricot and almond) and I thought it'd be fun to place a Valentine custom order. I was greeted by a 16-year-old boy and told him what I wanted. "I would like to order your white petit fours with "I love you" spelled out on the top. He looked confused and said, "Let me ask." When he came back he said, "That's too much writing on each one of those little cakes." That's when I explained I wanted each petit four to have a single letter on it. One petit four has "I" on it, another one has "L", next one "O" . . . and I spelled it out. That's when he said, "How many would you like?"

And THAT is when it dawned on me. I should just offer him a job.

post signature

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my head.

Melissa said...

p.s. I like your spelling it out idea. Very cute!