Thursday, February 12, 2009

more "things nobody really cares about..."


Birthday morning wishes from some terrific young women. Double click so you can see "I love your blog." Excuse me while I go edit past posts...

No segue...

I ask you . . . does someone really want a Valentine gift card from Ideal Image? What is your valentine trying to tell you?

If you want an 'off the beaten path' good movie to watch for Valentine's Day rent Truly Madly Deeply or Crossing Delancey.

I think about this every February. Valentine's Day? Valentines' Day? I guess where the apostrophe goes depends upon the situation.


Paella at Spago, or gratuitous food photos...

No segue...

I almost always have a Yankee Candle. They remind me of home, especially that MacIntosh Apple candle.

Rimmel eye make up remover is the best. It's about $6 and it'd take off permanent marker if you happened to have that all over your face (and sometimes I do.) Walgreens carries it, so does Ulta. If you doubt, let me just say . . . Bridget agrees.

No segue...

I do believe Grey's Anatomy has jumped the shark. Why am I still watching?

No segue...

I host a 'kidnap the new beehive' breakfast, an initiation of sorts where we tell the new young woman she's about to participate in her first ever service project. Instead we bring her to my house where we yell surprise, eat yummy brunch foods and play "getting to know you" games. We laugh together and learn some FUN things about one another, sometimes surprising things. I've additionally learned 'love of bacon' is just about universal as well as love of those cinnamon glazed Einstein bagels with honey almond cream cheese. I'm suddenly wondering if those girls are going to think every invitation to a service project is a brunch. I should probably clarify, although I think "disappointed Beehive" may be the ultimate oxymoron. They are awesome.

Check back tomorrow for a Valentine bakery story, including insight into hiring good employees in Las Vegas. After that I do believe my blog will experience a makeover . . . back to its roots, if you will. Favorite recipes and all. I've lost the passion.

post signature

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love, love, love Truly Madly Deeply. (This is not to say that I don't like Crossing Delancey. I like it a lot.)

If I'm ever back in Young Womens, I'm gonna push for the Beehive Brunch. Sounds like so much fun.

Dylan said...

"Yankee Candles"? More like "Stanky Candles."

rychelle said...

that sign is the greatest! you must be the best YM leader ever!

(and i do want a valentines card from ideal image. is that wrong? cause if it is, i don't wanna be right)

Patti said...

There's a Yankee candle headed to Cleveland.

Michelle said...

ooh, the Beehive's initiationi sthe best idea EVER!