Thursday, January 22, 2009

Post-its from the edge...


After a 20-day adventure Seamus came home last night, albeit missing some bits (uh huh)and sadder than ever (and that's really saying something). He was retrieved from the local shelter after his face showed up on their daily "breed report" email. I will never say another bad word about him. And I never say never. (I'm funny)

When my daughter left for her mission she specifically mentioned the family pet. "Mom, if Seamus dies it's okay to tell me. But if Jim and Pam break up and I find out in a letter from you . . . I WILL be mad."

Just because I'm thinking about her this morning let's play a game in her honor, shall we? This particular game really drove her crazy. It's the 'guess the sale price' game. Original price tag on this coat says $150.00.

Go for it.

P.S. Was the bits remark wrong?

post signature

14 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm guessing $3.54

I'm glad Seamus is home :)

kelly said...

I'm so glad you found Seamus! It was sad to think of him wandering the streets with all the rough and tumble mutts. We all know he doesn't have enough of that scrappy spirit to make it out there alone.

I'm going with $29.99 on the coat.

Dylan said...

Wait. When you say "bits" do you mean, like, "down there" bits?

Patti said...

Yes, Dylan. That's exactly what I mean.

P.S. Your brother-in-law taught me that.

Melissa said...

I can hardly believe that Seamus came home. I really thought the little guy was a goner. I'm so happy I was wrong!

I would've said $29.99 for the coat. Kelly beat me to it.

Melissa Everett said...

melissa... was thinking the same thing. my second guess will be 34.99. Im glad Seamus is home too! By the way... how did you guys come up with his name?

Patti said...

Seamus (maybe the most Irish name in the world) is Gaelic for James. I'm not so crazy about the name James but I AM crazy about the name Seamus. So crazy about it I wanted to use the name for my sons. Their dad said no.

And that, Melissa, is why Seamus is Seamus.

Caitlin said...

Russell just said he would have called them "naughty bits" to be more specific.

I know about the coat and you guys are guessing high.

Gramps said...

Of course he is sadder than ever, who wouldn't be after being neutered.

Melissa said...

Wow. I can't believe $29.99 is high. Come on! Reveal the price!

p.s. I can't stop myself from imagining what terrible, awful things happened to Seamus out there.

p.s.s. Grace's Brownie leader's son is named Seamus. I told her that my step-mother loves the name. I didn't mention the part about the dog getting the name instead.

Patti said...

Can I tell you how many priests I knew with the name Seamus?

Also, Melissa, I'm trying not to think about his 20 day adventure. I'm only allowing myself to imagine he met some trampy mutt with a past.

Patti said...

$14.97

Melissa said...

No. Way.

Patti said...

Your comment MADE. MY. DAY.

Way. $14.97

I bought the only one they had.