Friday, January 16, 2009

New Years Resolutions...


Last September a visit to Laguna Beach inspired me to make birthday crowns for my grandchildren. Attempt to make birthday crowns. I saw a birthday crown TO. DIE. FOR. in a quaint downtown gift shop. Covered in vintage paper, pastel colors and script everywhere, heavy laden with glitter, I wanted it. I walked around that shop holding onto it. That's when I had that thought. The one that tells you "I can make that. I can do it." uh huh. So I left that shop with a resolve. "We" will make those crowns for our grandchildren. That particular Laguna Beach birthday crown became my inspiration and made it onto my list of resolutions.

I should say, I'm not crafty. I could never BE a crafter. Here's why: The only way I can enjoy anything that even resembles a craft is if everything else in my house happens to be "done." And let's face it, is everything in your house ever "done?" Even right now all I can think about is all those blouses that need ironing. And those birthday presents that need to be wrapped. And that living room entertainment center that needs organization. Ugh...

I digress.

You are looking at my first attempt at 'the birthday crown.' Miss Isabel wore it well (7 is sweet) and although I'm certain she was less impressed with her crown than her grandparents, well, that's okay. I'm thinking by the time I get to Maggie's November birthday I might actually succeed in the look I'm going for. More to follow...expect crown updates.

post signature

3 comments:

Candace said...

SO cute, Patti! I love it.

Melissa said...

The crown rocks!

Amber said...

What a cute idea! That looks adorable.