Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Things that just scream Christmas...


Doesn't this look so fun? Frog Pond, Boston Common. Home to the Swan Boats from Make Way for Ducklings (if you didn't know).

So the ice skating...

Know how old I am? When I was a kid the fire department would actually come to your home and "flood" your backyard to make a skating rink. A little lumber and a tarp, a few other things, you were skating.

Now, truth be told, I never could ice skate. Not even close. But doesn't this picture just exude holiday fun? Doesn't it just make you want to go out and put on ice skates and have hot cocoa and sing Christmas carols? Or maybe find a toboggan and go sledding? Decorate your house? Caroling? Make cookies?

Say yes.

By the way, I can't go ice skating. Or sledding or tobogganing. I live in the middle of the desert. What was I going to say, "Wouldn't it be so Christmas-y to go to the Bellagio fountains show? The strip? Forum Shops?

Not.

post signature

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

I bet Russell would flood our backyard for you...

Mom and Dad said...

But there's no shovelin, either!

Patti said...

Dottie speaks the truth.