Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ribbon candy and Christmas foodie memories...


uh, huh . . . holiday memory. Shiny, wavy and colorful Christmas candy.

Thank goodness the industrial revolution happened and ribbon candy was able to be manufactured, that's all I'm saying. It's important. I'm partial to the clove and cinnamon flavors . . . and they just belong in that holiday candy dish. You have a holiday candy dish, right? Mine is a pewter Paul Revere candy dish, a porringer. It's more than 30 years old and I love it.

Each year I see Hammond's in various foodie catalogs and it brings me directly back to Lowell, Massachusetts, Fanny Farmer's, and all the Christmas ribbon candy I could possibly want.

Brigham's
sold some Christmas hard candy ... it was chocolate filled. My grandmother loved it as much as I did. I can still see the container of that holiday hard candy mix. I love a childhood Christmas memory. I have so many...

post signature