Monday, December 1, 2008

Post Holiday Observations/Pre Holiday Lists


The leftovers have been eaten, floors have been washed, rugs repositioned and evidence of little hands erased from windows and stainless steel. Sunday I sat behind the wheel of my car and realized I hadn't driven since Wednesday . . . unprecedented and lovely, that break from the world.

Moving on, the Christmas shopping is done and wrapped and holiday movies await. Simple decorating with fresh greens is the plan this year and I'm looking forward to that holiday smell that I love so much. That would be those Christmas greens AND the cookies.

Then there's that little matter of Bridie's "Open House". Anyone know a caterer? No, really.

post signature

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I can't wait to clean up the house so I can crank my Bose...

I think I need to hang up garland around my front door this year. Also, I think I need to paint that door red.