Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holly Ball (sometimes called Kissing Ball)


The Christmas tradition of the holiday "holly ball" or "kissing ball" was one my mother embraced fully. Each year that holly ball had a particular spot in our home. It was made of fresh greens, duh, usually holly, and in later years was replaced with a fake replica. When I stumble upon a holly ball I sigh a little inside . . . I want one. I have the perfect place for one. Haven't ever done it. This is my year.

post signature

4 comments:

Michelle said...

love it. we have one at my house and it's used quite often!

Bride said...

hah you said duh

rychelle said...

i want one too! oh, and someone to kiss to go along with it. ;)

Caitlin said...

It is so weird that you posted this today because I was just thinking that I want one so bad! I have the most excellent doorway for it. Actually, I think I need two...