Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas dinner...


My Christmas dinner did not look like this picture at all. Not one bit. Christmas dinner was at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill at Caesar's Palace, across from the Sports Book (while the Lakers played the Celtics). Seriously. So not this picture.

Still, dinner was heavenly, including things like Tiger Shrimp and Roasted Garlic Corn Tamale with Corn Cilantro Sauce, Pork Chop with Bourbon Ancho Chile Sauce and Sweet Potato Galette . . . and more. I'm still feeling the Christmas food coma symptoms, although today I actually felt a hunger pang and couldn't believe it. Is THAT what that feels like??. Really.

No segue.

The day after Christmas is good for the following:

- half price Christmas cards (helps alleviate the guilt you feel for not mailing them in 2008)
- easy commute (grasping at straws here)
- a deserted Costco

Not our traditional Christmas this year but fitting considering everything that's been going on in our home. Did I mention my MTC-residing daughter invited all her Facebook friends to an Open House at my home? All 355 of them. And still . . . I made it through.

Hope you had a merry.

post signature

No comments: