Friday, November 14, 2008

Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Bars

This is another recipe from Applehood and Motherpie. It keeps turning up (this recipe, not the cookbook). These are yummy...

1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups crisp rice cereal

Melt corn syrup and sugar together in saucepan, over low heat, until bubbling. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and rice cereal. Spread into a greased 9 x 13 pann.

1 6 oz. package butterscotch chips
1 6 oz. package chocolate chips

Melt both packages of chips together in a pan over low heat. Spread the butterscotch chocolate mixture on top of the first mixture. When icing cools, cut into bars.

post signature

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I absolutely LOVE this recipe. Thanks for posting it and reminding me I need to make it soon!

Jessie Walker said...

Oh no you didn't! I have wanted this recipe forever! These are my favorite. Thanks I am going to the store to get the ingredients right now! So much for the diet.

Rychelle said...

this is a recipe i think i can tackle!

thanks for sharing! ;)

raffleckt said...

Thanks so much for letting me borrow that, it was perfect! Check out my blog when you get a chance to see the end result.

Bridget said...

Your blog is just divine! Love the pictures, the recipes and the stories. Thanks so much for being a top class blogger.

Thanks for the sweet e-mail about my blogs. It made my day to get a compliment from the best!

Sincerely,
Bridget Pehrson
(Barbara's sister)