Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wednesday in Maui

This was today's spot. Each day it is my responsibility (to myself) to look for the most appealing and secluded spot. Preferably a spot that comes with a guarantee that there will be minimal human contact. That is my desire, which happens to be the exact opposite of my travel companion, who is now known as "The Mayor of Wailea." It is not unusual for me to cross the resort with him only to hear, "Hey, Dave, how was your tennis match this morning?" or "DAVE! Where are we meeting for scuba?".

I loved the view I had today. I ordered pineapple lemonade and finished my third novel since arriving. I am relaxed. I sleep like a baby. Stress? What is that?

When I got up to take this picture I couldn't see my travel companion, but I could hear him. Things that make him stand out in a crowd are statements like this:

"My son is General Manager at the Venetian" and "My granddaughter Grace is a real character." Another dead giveaway, "My wife is a gourmet cook." People . . . to perfect strangers. Alright, so he knows their names . . .

This next picture I had to share. I went to my floor suite and Gigi (I know her name because my companion filled me in) asked me if I'd like a little box to take to the beach. That little box had lobster tarts, vegetarian wraps with avocado, petit fours, fruit tarts and beautiful and light French macaroons with ganache filling. There are no words.

One more thing . . . I really love the Mayor.

post signature

4 comments:

Gramps said...

Great pictures and you are obviously having a great experience.
You wont want to leave.

cori said...

that is hilarious tell the mayor hello. its so beautiful patti cakes. i have never seen anything like it. wow is all i have to say.

Bride said...

i love how different you and dad are and the great things about the both of you. i REALLY REALLY wish i was there.

Caitlin said...

Dad is hilarious. Russell hates it when I talk to people at the grocery store...