Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Plantation House...


Tonight we drove almost an hour (upcountry, as they say) to have dinner at The Plantation House. This country club sort of restaurant sits on a beautiful piece of property that was once an old pineapple plantation, and it is lush. Garden of Eden kind of lush. The view was overlooking the Pacific high on a hill. Beautiful building . . . gorgeous view of the ocean.

I had my first taste of sushi in Hawaii and it didn't disappoint. My fish entree was served Mediterranean style . . . I ordered the more firm fish selection of the night. I can't even remember the name of it. ALL the fish is great. Oh life is good.

Tonight the homemade ice cream selection on our club floor suite was pineapple sorbet. They served it with chopped pineapple and mango. This is getting to be a habit. We wait for that ice cream each night. They also served a warm pineapple cobbler, a brownie torte, snickerdoodle cookies and chocolate pecan cookies. My clothes don't fit.

And because you asked, yes, I really woke up with a fork in my bed. Sad but true.

Later...

post signature

1 comment:

Melissa Everett said...

I am so jealous of your beautiful vacation.. full of eating! It all looks so Yummy!