Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mama's Fish House



In February I watched Giada tour the island of Maui. So I took notes. They were detailed. I immediately made a reservation for dinner at Mama's Fish House. Three months ahead of time . . . Giada said "make reservations early" and I do what I'm told. When they asked me if we were celebrating a special occasion I mentioned anniversary twenty-five. I highly recommend this because it means special privileges. Best table in the place, overlooking the ocean and the sunset and those tiki torches. It was gorgeous.

Keeping with that celebratory feeling we opted to skip the typical diet cokes and had a strawberry guava fizz. I know the waitress didn't understand.

I was anti-appetizer until they brought us the lobster guacamole with sweet potato chips. Delicious. We ordered the mahi mahi stuffed with lobster and crab with a macadamia nut crust. Words cannot describe this piece of fish except that I will remember it always. Nothing else left to say.

post signature

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Remember when you tried to tell me that Mahi Mahi was dolphin?

Patti said...

Sometimes I'm just funny like that.