Monday, May 5, 2008

Just another day in paradise...


This morning we headed over to our snorkeling excursion out to the mouth of the volcano. You might wonder if that could be something I worry about . . . the volcano thing. No. I am not worried about volcanoes suddenly deciding to become active. But I have a plan just in case...

We boarded this blue water raft boat - there were about a dozen of us. Before we left the navigators pointed to the white caps and told us it'd be a bumpy ride. It was. It felt like a really fun and speedy Disney water ride. The waves were enormous and we were going about 40 mph. Did I mention I was screaming?

The snorkeling wasn't the best because of the choppy conditions . . . this is secondhand information because I didn't even put my big toe in the water. Honestly, someone had to keep track of all those people in the water - the two surfer dudes who were responsible didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I made friends with another girl who came out of the water after about three minutes - she freaked out when she realized the water was 300 ft. deep. Swear.

Also, there were no sharks. Supposedly.

post signature

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That was funny. I'm glad you're posting as you go.

Bride said...

that picture is hilarious and that ride sounds so fun!! i can hear you screaming, i know the exact scream.

Patti said...

It was THAT screaming, Bride. That zipline screaming... Dad was mortified.

Also, I had the worst seat on the raft on the way back. SLAMMED with waves. They were all laughing at me.

Caitlin said...

Dad looks like he's having a total blast.

I know the scream, too.