Thursday, November 1, 2007

Here's what I know . . .


"Just as there are parents to greet a newborn on earth, the scriptures teach that caring family members greet the spirits in paradise and assist them in the adjustments to a new life (see Genesis 25:8; Genesis 35:29; Genesis 49:33)".

My mum passed away Tuesday morning. Sunday morning she opened her eyes, looked at me and very clearly said "My dad is coming to get me". A blessing and a privilege it was to know her, to love her and to be with her this last week.

I will miss her...

post signature

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

That is just the coolest picture.

Love you, Mom.

Heather said...

That made me cry...

Dylan said...

Alright. I'm officially misty. Thoughts & prayers are with you.

Patti said...

Caity! The coolest story about that picture. . . a few months ago I took out all the pictures and looked for that exact picture. I was so sad that night . . . not only could I not find that picture, I couldn't find ONE of the four of us. A few days later I did find manage to find a picture of us on our front lawn after my high school graduation . . . but this specific picture was stuck in my head.

Yesterday my dad handed me an album my mom made for him. I opened it up and there it was. That exact picture I was looking for. I am happy.

Missa said...

I've seen pictures of you and Min during those years... but I've never seen one of your parents so young. It's a great photo.

Amber said...

What a sweet picture to have.

Brooke said...

I love your insight. You are one of the greats. Love you, Brooke